The past two years have been—and still are—extraordinary times. With extraordinary times come unexpected market shifts and economic uncertainties resulting in concerns over retirement funds. While we do pride ourselves on being the best at managing our clients’ finances, we’re not bold enough to predict what the market will do tomorrow, next week, or the following year. What we can do is reassure our clients that the planning and asset management we do will keep their money safe and mitigate—if not prevent—long-term losses.
In this episode, I’m joined by my partner, Austin Smith. We discuss our long-term business plans and the phone calls we receive from worried clients. We explain how we prepare for economic downturns. We describe what it means to invest through cycles to mitigate risks. We share what we think of market gurus who believe they can time the market. We also highlight the importance of setting up a plan after selling your business, especially if your kids inherit your assets.
“The first thing we want anybody to do if they have a concern is to communicate with us.” – Rob Schulz
This week on Priorities Lifestyle:
- Our long-term plans for the business
- The number of calls we’ve received over our clients’ financial concerns
- What we do to mitigate risks for our clients
- What we mean by investing through cycles
- Our thoughts on predicting market movement
- Why this is not the time to trade the market
- The importance of planning for and assessing asset availability
- Defining enterprise values in the selling of a business
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I want to go to sleep tonight knowing that whatever happens tomorrow, we have the portfolio set up in a way where they can handle this the best way they can.” – Rob Schulz
- “The risk is what provides the opportunity for return.” – Austin Smith
- “Having a plan and a foundation to build off of is important.” – Austin Smith
Connect with Austin Smith and Rob Schulz:
- Schulz Wealth
- Phone: (817) 405-4014
About Rob Schulz and P&L Podcast
The P&L Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at email@example.com with questions, comments, and to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow Rob on LinkedIn
Follow Schulz Wealth on LinkedIn
Follow Schulz Wealth on Facebook
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review on iTunes to help others discover the podcast.