Marcia Mantell is a retirement business guru who helps clients navigate the confusing and increasingly complicated path of retirement planning. She primarily focuses on Social Security and Medicare, letting retirees enjoy the second half of their lives as worry-free as possible. Marcia is also behind Boomer Retirement Briefs, a blog that explores how the Boomer generation is changing our perceptions of retirees and retirement living.
Marcia joins me today to describe the right time for leaders to plan for retirement, whether it means selling their business or having a succession plan. She explains the different retirement scenarios for single and married people. She discusses healthcare, its complexities, and what we can do to make it easier for our future retired selves. Marcia also reveals why your 60s are some of the best years of your life.
"There are so many moving parts these days, healthcare's only going to get more complicated." - Marcia Mantell
This week on Priorities Lifestyle:
- The schools of thought leaders need to make good decisions
- The age when leaders should think about finances after retirement
- Why Marcia loves being in the business arena
- Arranging retirement finances as a married couple
- Succession planning and selling your business when you're 55
- Why we need to change the way we advertise Medicare
- What IRMAA means in Medicare
- Why your 60s are the critical planning years
- How retirement becomes a different challenge when you're married
- Reinventing retirement from a Boomer perspective
Our Favorite Quotes:
- "If it's insurance against longevity, you want the number you start with to be as high as possible." - Rob Schulz
- "At 62, the gates of social security open wide. Every single person knows that." - Marcia Mantell
- "Traditionally, we worry about retirees when inflation is high." - Rob Schulz
Connect with Marcia Mantell:
- Boomer Retirement Briefs
- Mantell Retirement Consulting
- Marcia Mantell on LinkedIn
- Marcia Mantell on Twitter
About Rob Schulz and P&L Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast
The P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and comments, or to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow Rob on LinkedIn
Follow Schulz Wealth on LinkedIn
Order Rob’s book, Thoughts on Things Financial, on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Kindle
Subscribe to the podcast here:
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.
*You’re listening to P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle with your host Rob Schulz. Rob is the Founder and President of Schulz Wealth. All opinions expressed by Rob and his guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Schulz Wealth. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for investment decisions. Please refer to our website for more information: schulzwealth.com.