David Rutherford is the owner, Lead Instructor, and Curriculum Developer of Froglogic Institute, an online education company that specializes in all subjects relating to and within the human condition. David—a former Navy SEAL, CIA instructor, and World Championship Performance Coach—has over 30 years of experience exploring human performance and team orientation. He is an expert on individual motivation, operational mindsets, and elite performance within extreme environments, and helps individuals and teams increase commitment, focus, and awareness of personal limitations and perceived potential.
David joins me today to discuss the relationship between performance and pain. He describes how he helps people restructure their perception of pain as it relates to their ability to perform. He reveals the greatest catalyst of change in a person’s life and why it’s challenging to continue growing as a person after finding business success. He defines what Froglogic is and outlines its four components. David also highlights why finding a purpose is an essential component of living a life of meaning and underscores why people need to have more faith in each other.
“Performance, essentially, is what pain you’re willing to endure to expand your potential.” - David Rutherford
This week on Priorities Lifestyle:
- David’s background and experience in podcasting, content creation, and public speaking
- Why podcasting is a great way to share your message
- Building a profound relationship with your podcast’s audience
- The positive application of pain and the relationship between endurance and potential
- Success and complacency and progressing from business success to personal success
- The greatest catalyst of change
- How being a mentor can continue your growth as a person
- The Operator’s Syndrome, hypervigilance, and the importance determining pain thresholds
- Embracing and using fear as a tool to move forward in life
- How long it takes for people to change physically, mentally, and spiritually
- The changing nature of life purpose
- How time plays a major role in David’s life
- The importance of reflection and evaluating emotional states
Our Favorite Quotes:
“Self-confidence is something you work out no matter your age or station in life.” - Rob Schulz
“Success sometimes brings a certain level of complacency. Growth sometimes stops because people have gotten to a point where they don’t know what to do next.” - Rob Schulz
“If you really want to expose your genuine motivations—what really drives you—teach somebody else what you believe in.” - David Rutherford
Connect with David Rutherford:
- Froglogic Institute
- Froglogic Institute on Instagram
- Froglogic Institute on Facebook
- David Rutherford on Twitter
- David Rutherford on LinkedIn
Connect with Austin Smith and Rob Schulz:
Phone: (817) 405-4014
About Rob Schulz and P&L Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast
The P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at email@example.com with questions and comments, or to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow Rob on LinkedIn
Follow Schulz Wealth on LinkedIn
Order Rob’s book, Thoughts on Things Financial, on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Kindle
Subscribe to the podcast here:
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.
*You’re listening to P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle with your host Rob Schulz. Rob is the Founder and President of Schulz Wealth. All opinions expressed by Rob and his guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Schulz Wealth. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for investment decisions. Please refer to our website for more information: schulzwealth.com.