Pam joins me today to describe her transition from Corporate America to entrepreneurship and where her passion for helping business owners started. She explains the common problem each of their clients encounters. She shares the importance of starting a business with an exit in mind. She discusses the value of franchises, especially if you want to leave the rat race. Pam also details what business owners need to prepare for potential buyers.
"We always think our business is worth more than it's actually worth." - Pam Vincent
This week on Priorities Lifestyle:
- How Pam found her passion for helping owners sell their business
- Transitioning from Corporate America to owning a retail company
- The reason Pam left Corporate America
- What Pam finds is a common theme among their clients
- Why Pam decided to sell her business
- Pam’s preparation for exiting her company
- How they help clients decide how to price their business
- Reducing risks for the future owner
- What owners should get started on if they want to sell their business in the future
- The average time a deal needs to close and the factors involved
- Pam's thoughts on buying franchises
- Pam's personal life and her love of dogs
"One of the most important things when building a business is think about building relationships." - Pam Vincent
"There are certain things you don't have control over and one of them is location." - Rob Schulz
"How you get to grow and get the return is through creativity." - Rob Schulz
Connect with Pam Vincent:
- Transworld Business Advisors North DFW
- Pam Vincent on LinkedIn
- Pam Vincent on Facebook
- Pam Vincent on Instagram
- Phone: (469) 714-4107
About Rob Schulz and P&L Priorities & LIfestyle Podcast
The P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at email@example.com with questions and comments, or to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Subscribe to the podcast here:
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.