David Walters is the Senior Vice President of CBRE Fort Worth, a leader in commercial real estate services and investment with over 105,000 professionals in over 100 countries. He has over 22 years of experience in real estate, focusing on tenant reputation, consulting, government services, higher education, and consulting. He is a recognized expert in acquisitions, dispositions, and financial consulting.
David joins me today to describe how his career in real estate began and how the pandemic affected CBRE. He offers actionable advice for those interested in investing in real estate. He discusses risk management and why crashes and calamities are inevitable. He explains the real estate situation in the North Texas area. David also shares his thoughts on the popularity of remote work and why he prefers traditional office culture.
"If you were a young person, I just don't know how you could not be in the office—not learning from all kinds of things." - David Walters
This week on Priorities Lifestyle:
- How David got started in the real estate industry
- The effect the dot-com bubble had around David's area
- What David tells everyone when preparing for calamities
- Comparing the recent pandemic to previous national disasters
- Why David prefers going to an office over remote work
- What 2020 was like for David and his career
- Measuring current occupancy rates around Texas
- The positive effects of the pandemic on hobbies and recreation
- David's advice to those who want to put some money into real estate
- "The best commercial real estate brokers are the ones who know what's going on." - David Walters
- "As business people, you have to be able to work through disasters and make sure your business survives." - Rob Schulz
- "One of the concerns I have is how people make their decisions around real estate." - Rob Schulz
Connect with David Walters:
- Phone: (817) 919-6427; (817) 333-1118
- Email: David.Walters@cbre.com
- David Walters on LinkedIn
About Rob Schulz and P&L Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast
The P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at email@example.com with questions and comments, or to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow Rob on LinkedIn
Follow Schulz Wealth on LinkedIn
Order Rob’s book, Thoughts on Things Financial, on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Kindle
Subscribe to the podcast here:
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.
*You’re listening to P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle with your host Rob Schulz. Rob is the Founder and President of Schulz Wealth. All opinions expressed by Rob and his guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Schulz Wealth. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for investment decisions. Please refer to our website for more information: schulzwealth.com.