Amanda Lewis and Stan Ninemire are part of the North Texas Community Foundation, a non-profit organization that helps donors support causes that matter to them through tax-efficient strategies. Amanda is the Director of Charitable Gift Planning and assists clients with philanthropic advising and solicitation of donor prospects. Stan Ninemire is the company’s Chief Investment Officer with extensive experience in all aspects of operations, accounting, finance, and supply chain management.
Amanda and Stan join me today to describe how the North Texas Community Foundation allows clients to make an impact with their money before or after exiting their business. They share how owners should plan for charity and the organizations they can support. They discuss what a donor-advised fund is and why it’s a popular tool used by many philanthropists. They also explain how they help clients find the charities they can impact the most and what would happen if the owners wanted to donate internationally.
"Owners want to see their dollars make an impact and know they're going to move the needle for an organization that means something to them.” - Amanda Lewis
This week on Priorities & Lifestyle:
- How Amanda found her passion in helping owners get established with their giving
- What owners should think about when their business is about to be sold
- Donor-advised funds and why they’re popular
- How to make charity more impactful
- The countries their services extend to
- What drew Stan to the foundation
- The documentation involved when a donor wants to use their services
- Their thoughts on remote work
Our Favorite Quotes:
- "I never would have guessed that people could work as effectively remotely as well as we can." - Stan Ninemire
- "I want to be charitable, but what I really want is my kids to do that, too." - Rob Schulz
- "You're talking about not selling the business and then taking the proceeds and being charitable with it, but potentially moving the stock itself into a charitable structure prior to the sale." - Rob Schulz
Connect with Amanda Lewis:
Connect with Stan Ninemire:
About Rob Schulz and P&L Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast
The P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at email@example.com with questions and comments, or to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow Rob on LinkedIn
Follow Schulz Wealth on LinkedIn
Subscribe to the podcast here:
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.
*You’re listening to P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle with your host Rob Schulz. Rob is the Founder and President of Schulz Wealth. All opinions expressed by Rob and his guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Schulz Wealth. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for investment decisions. Please refer to our website for more information: schulzwealth.com.