Jennilee Autry is the HCM Account Executive at Paylocity, a product suite built for both HR and Payroll solutions and designed for the employee experience. As the company’s HCM Account Executive, Jennilee incorporates a consultative approach to the company’s sales technique, is capable of finding promising prospects, and is persistent without being pushy. Before joining Paylocity, Jennilee was a Senior Solutions Consultant for Oracle.
Jennilee joins me today to discuss all things related to HR. She describes her role at Paylocity and shares why having an HR team is a must for any organization, big or small. She outlines the process of finding the right HR team and explains what owners should look for when hiring an HR manager. She discusses why employees form unions and how it doesn’t always mean they don’t like the company. Jennilee also describes how the pandemic affected her family and what they’ve done to move forward.
“If you want to attract a modern worker, you need a modern process.” – Jennilee Autry
This week on Priorities Lifestyle:
- Jennilee’s role and responsibilities in Paylocity
- Why HR is a necessity
- HR best practices from the angle of payroll and outsourcing
- Hiring the right HR team and why word of mouth is the best resource
- What business owners should look for in an HR manager
- How having a good HR team can translate to better customer service and higher profits
- Jennilee’s advice for attracting younger employees
- The risks attached to becoming an HR person
- Why the HR file is the most crucial file at your disposal
- HR systems and tools and how they can optimize your HR department
- Being proactive if an employee is at risk of leaving your company
- The number one reason employees unionize
- How Jennilee’s family was affected by Covid-19
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Employers wanting to do better for their employees is a great trend and I hope it continues.” – Jennilee Autry
- “We talk to business owners: the employee is such an important part of their success. Only the good ones recognize that.” – Rob Schulz
- “Hierarchy in the workforce today needs to go away.” – Rob Schulz
Connect with Jennilee Autry:
About Rob Schulz and P&L Podcast
The P&L Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, and to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow Rob on LinkedIn.
Follow Schulz Wealth on Facebook
Subscribe to the podcast here:
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review on iTunes to help others discover the podcast.