Jon joins me today to describe the importance of finding the right insurance product that meets your current and future needs. He shares his book-selling experience and recounts how he wound up in insurance. He explains different types of life insurance and their respective benefits and drawbacks. He discusses why insurance agents want the best products for their clients. Jon also describes how expensive insurance can get if you smoke tobacco or do not disclose that to your agent.
"You can have all the life insurance in the world, but if you don't have the money to pay the premium, you're not going to afford that life insurance." - Jon Thurmond
This week on Priorities & Lifestyle:
- How Jon got into the insurance industry
- What Jon learned about the value of insurance
- Why Jon's thankful for the professional challenges he encountered
- Jon's philosophies on buying insurance
- Common misconceptions about getting life insurance
- What consumers should ask about agent commissions
- How many insurance products should you get?
- When should you reassess your insurance products?
- Comparing and contrasting various insurance products
- Who benefits the most from permanent coverage?
- The best time to get term insurance
- Why you shouldn't look forward to being qualified for welfare
- The coverage you get and the premiums you'll pay if you smoke tobacco
"Insurance is one of those things you think you will never need." -- Jon Thurmond
"I don't think people understand how hard it can be to get coverage in place." - Rob Schulz
"A lot of times, to make the right insurance decision, we have to almost be fortune tellers." - Rob Schulz
Connect with John Thurmond:
About Rob Schulz and P&L Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast
The P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and comments, or to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Subscribe to the podcast here:
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.
*You’re listening to P&L: Priorities & Lifestyle with your host Rob Schulz. Rob is the Founder and President of Schulz Wealth. All opinions expressed by Rob and his guests are solely their own opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Schulz Wealth. This podcast is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for investment decisions. Please refer to our website for more information: schulzwealth.com