Kelly Herrod is the Owner and President of Herrod Technology (Herrod Tech). Herrod Tech is an information technology and services company that supports businesses by managing their IT, including cloud computing services. Their clients include law firms, oil and gas companies, architects and engineers, churches, and nonprofits. As President, Kelly oversees the day-to-day activities of Herrod Tech.
Kelly joins me today to discuss why the last two years have been helpful to Herrod Tech due to cloud computing. He describes being in a peer group among other business owners, the topics they discuss, and how they help each other. He explains how cloud computing saves money and time for both clients and owners. Kelly also describes the importance of working on the business and how to get to that stage.
“The nice thing about being in the cloud is you can work from anywhere.” – Kelly Herrod
This week on Priorities Lifestyle:
- About Kelly: his hobbies and his profession
- Being in a peer group of business owners
- Honesty in a peer group and asking the tough questions
- How Kelly’s business peers help each other
- What Kelly has learned since joining a peer group
- How Covid-19 affected Kelly’s business
- How the cloud saves money
- Why Covid made Kelly step back and work on the business
- Creating time and space as business owners
- Witnessing a rocket launch at night in person
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “We can teach the tech skills, but it’s difficult to teach communication skills.” – Kelly Herrod
- “The way you communicate with clients will set the tone for a long time.” – Rob Schulz
- “I’m a huge fan of trying and sharing other peoples’ ideas.” – Rob Schulz
Connect with Kelly Herrod:
- Herrod Tech
- Herrod Tech on LinkedIn
- Kelly Herrod on LinkedIn
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 214-202-0999
About Rob Schulz and P&L Podcast
The P&L Podcast is a show for business owners. In each episode, host and financial planner Rob Schulz sits down with business owners and the professionals that serve them to talk about business building, life, money — and the all-important transition out of the business, which inevitably happens to everyone who has ever founded a company.
Email Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, and to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow Rob on LinkedIn.
Follow Schulz Wealth on LinkedIn
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review on iTunes to help others discover the podcast.